Thursday, March 13, 2008

RSS feed me

I like this application very much. I've often marvelled at the interesting content of some special interest blogs and how they find the time to search for relevant articles on a daily basis. Having this much information coming at you through the RSS feeds is like dipping into a database. I can think of a million ways this can be used for libraries.

I like the idea of setting up a local writer's blog and have the writers post their work on the blog. The library could keep them informed of competitions, new books on writing or anything that would be of interest to them. Subscribing to a list of literary blogs would give the library lots of information to choose from to post on the blog and make it interesting for the writers to keep participating.

No comments: