Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Utube deprived!

I've mucked around way too much on the week 6 module. For a start I can't view anything on Utube and our IT guys say the site isn't blocked. They haven't come back to me with any other possible answer to my problem and right now is a bad time because they're updating all council computers. So my quest to find out why I can't view any videos may not be on top of their list of priorities right now.

Using the public access computers was not an option so I viewed a few videos from home and came across a pair of really funny guys lip-syncing the ebay song by Weird Al Yankovich. This video used a lot of the elements which I think captured today's culture perfectly, lip-syncing, ebay, amateur video and the Internet.

So now I had the perfect video but when I followed the instructions to embed the very long address into my post it all ended in tears. I couldn't work it out. Why was only half of the address showing up? Ahhh, but then I saw the 'Edit Html' tab and something clicked inside my dusty brain. This address looks like html, duh! So I paste the address here and what do you know, it worked. I'm a star and I think I'm extremely clever. On to week 7........

1 comment:

wscaster said...

lol it's the little things like looking for the edit html things that trip us all up! Took me a while to find it as well :oD You were not alone